Job and Internship Roles for Students
Are you currently enrolled in a Manufacturing and/or Engineering Technology Program and looking for a STEM career path on the front lines of advanced manufacturing technology and are interested in an internship?
Productivity Quality, Inc. (PQI) is the Upper Midwest distributor for many of the best-known names in Metrology. The products sold range from CMMs and Video Measurement Systems to hand measurement tools and hard gaging. In addition, PQI offers calibration, inspection, training, and consulting services for measurement systems, gaging and machine tools.
Our subsidiary, Advanced Inspection Services, LLC (AIS), is the leading contract dimensional inspection service in the area with customers nationwide. Both PQI and AIS are ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited.
Together, PQI & AIS employs 53 technicians that service customers across the US & Internationally. Our technicians are competitively compensated (annual salary range $48k-$90k), opportunities for development, and a robust benefits package including 401k matching.
The personal skills and traits we’re looking for include:
- Open to learning new technologies and skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical skills for identifying and solving problems on-site at our client facilities
- Ability to use computer and software tools efficiently (Google & Microsoft)
- Familiar with technical documentation (i.e. ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation)
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Math measurement skills—English and Metric
- Exposure to G-Code and Macro Programming
- Attention to detail, methodical, and well organized
Here’s why you should consider joining the PQI team:
- Your job will never be outsourced or offshored
- Work with the best team in the industry
- We provide experiential training and education
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Excellent work-lifestyle benefits (PTO, etc.)
- Some international travel to cool places like Canada, Mexico, Ireland, Thailand, and Japan depending on the department you specialize in.
If you would like to learn more about these opportunities and others in our organization, please send your resume to HR@pqi.net.